Ohhhhhh lawwwwdddd these are amazing!! Who doesn’t love nachos? This is my first time making nachos in a long time. I used to eat them the unhealthy way and pretty much never knew you could make them healthy. I LOVE to cook so you know I had to figure out how to make them. I haven’t craved nachos in ages so when I got the craving I challenged myself to figure it out, and I did. No, I am not preggo!! haha I saw a nacho commercial and started craving them. Darn those commercials they are GOOD. Enjoy these guilt free. Remember, they still contain carbs so make sure to not over due it on the portion size. These served 3 people.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Cheddar cheese and jalapeño garlic cheese by Daiya. Or you can use any of their other flavors. Skim milk cheeses work fine too. Beware that they will be higher in fats. You’ll have to use a little less than the Daiya if you chose to use a skim milk cheese.
- 2 chicken breasts
- **OPTIONAL** Fresh cooked beans. Last resort can be canned low sodium beans
- Whole wheat flaxseed plain chips from Whole Foods or Trader Joes. Or any baked whole wheat chips work. You can also bake your own chips as long as you use a whole grain wheat tortilla or wrap to make into your chips. Always pay attention to the saturated fats, fats in general, the sodium, and the oils used in those bags. Read the ingredients. Make sure your chips are WHOLE GRAIN and not flour.
- Fresh or pickled jalapeños.
- Sea salt
- Greek yogurt as a substitute as your sour cream
- Ground pepper
HOW TO PREPARE
These are super easy to make. Chop up your chicken, season with sea salt, ground pepper, and paprika. Heat up a non stick pan and spray with cooking spray. Put your chopped chicken and onions in the heated pan. Stir until fully cooked. Heat up your oven to bake at 450. In a oven safe cookie sheet put the nachos on the sheet, add chicken, cheese, and beans. You can pre heat the beans if you like by simply putting them over the stove until they get warm. Heat the nachos until the cheese melts, this usually takes 5-10 minutes. You can also put them in the microwave. I like my nachos crispy so I like using the oven to bake them into crispy bites of heaven! Put house salsa over them and Greek yogurt as your sour cream substitute and serve! ENJOY 🙂
MAKE YOUR OWN NACHO CHIPS
This is simple. Cut whole wheat tortillas or wraps into triangles. Season with sea salt. Heat up your oven to bake at 450. In a oven safe cookie sheet put the nachos on the sheet, and bake until slightly hard. You are going to melt the cheese on them with the chicken so you don’t want them too crispy. Add chicken, cheese, and beans. Heat until the cheese has melted and SERVE! Enjoy