From reading many of my readers comments I see some of you have fallen on getting yourself summertime fine ready! That ok. Don’t panic, let’s just start Spring cleaning. Let’s get rid of our old habits and leave them behind in Spring. It’s not too late to begin. I have a 30 day challenge the “I Love Me” TFM challenge that I want you to join. These challenges I make aren’t just so you can win a prize. I don’t get any money from them, I make them FREE so everyone can join. I make them to help you become a fit you, a better you and to help start you on your health and fitness journey. To read about my challenge click here. Here are things I want you to do. The top 2 tips you need in your life NOW!
Begin your Spring cleaning now!
- Throw out all your junk food. YES! ALL OF IT. We all go into our closets and throw out old clothes to make room for our new summer clothes right? Same concept here. Get rid of everything you know is not good for you. I don’t have to sit there and hold your hand, you know what you have to do.
- Re stock with the good for you foods. Read this list of foods I use for my meal preps. They apply to my grocery list.
- I want to see, lean meats-turkey, skinless chicken breasts, and fish. You can also add protein with boiled eggs. Only make a few at a time or they will spoil.
- For my vegans I want to see protein packed meal preps-use plant based proteins!! Suggestions are, beans-garbanzo beans-black beans-kidney beans-soy beans, tofu, tempeh. Your carbs should be complex carbs to use as your fuel, whole grains. Use pastas, quinoa, sweet potato, regular potatoes, buckwheat, brown rice. Eat more greens like the list below.
- Dark green veggies can be any of the following: Spinach, kale, bok choy, broccoli, collards. Other veggies that are fine to use are green beans, squash, mushrooms, asparagus, zucchini, tomatoes, sugar snap peas, carrots, bell peppers (all colors), and cucumbers. Dark greens lettuce; red leaf, mixed spring greens, kale, green leaf, romaine but please NO ICEBERG lettuce. Iceberg holds no nutritional value, you are basically drinking water and no vitamins.
- There should always be 3 basic things in your meal preps, protein, dark green veggies, a GOOD carb such as brown rice-baked yams-Quinoa-Buckwheat.
- Portion sizes are not hard to measure. The protein should be the size of your fist or palm, the veggies can be the same size, the carb should be half of that.
- When you season keep in mind NOT to use condiments and marinades that are clearly bad for you. Lightly salt (sea salt preferably), ground pepper, any of the Mrs Dash’s seasonings, freshly squeezed lemon, make home made guacamole-here is my personal guac recipe, make your salsas fresh-check out my salsa recipe here. If you do want to use marinades go to a health food store to get the ones that are organic, low sodium, no harsh ingredients, low in sugars, low in fats, use sparingly and please ONLY use the serving size suggested. They make them but you need to learn to read those labels. If you do not know how to read labels please skip it for now. You wont become an expert label reader overnight.
- When you cook DO NOT FRY, do not use butters, marinades, or dressings!! Bake, grill, boil, or use a cooking spray to make your foods.
Let me know how this is going for you in the comments.