It happens to us all. Our hair gets dull, lifeless,and just plain blah. Ever wonder why you have “bad hair days?” Maybe it’s the food your eating. What you eat will definitely affect your skin but also your hair. Your hair grows about 1/4- 1/2 a month. The foundation of your hair thrives on the nutrients you put in your body. So, healthy food intake means healthy hair growth.
Lately, everyone has been on this hair growing vitamin craze. I won’t mention any names but those vitamins can actually harm your hair instead of helping. Rapid hair growth vitamins actually cause the hair follicle to hyper grow which weakens the hair shaft and then all that temporary beautiful hair growth starts to break off. Am I saying all vitamins are bad? No! Daily supplements are helpful in aiding your body get the vitamins it lacks but eating well helps tremendously along with it. Vitamin A is especially vital. Lacking Vitamin A in your diet has been linked to hair loss.
With that being said here are the top 10 foods to eat for gorgeous hair everyday not just once a month.
- Salmon: Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and B-12, essential for healthy radiant hair. Vegan? Try adding a tablespoon of flaxseed into your daily diet for the same benefits.
- Beans: Lentils and Kidney beans are an excellent source of biotin,zinc and iron. Some expert studies reveal that lack of biotin in hair can lead to brittle hair. So add these power packing beans/legumes to your diet 2-3 times
- Spinach: High in Vitamin A and C. Spinach will help produce sebum, which is your hair’s natural oils that condition the hair shaft.
- Chicken/Turkey: Valuable protein, which is the foundation of your hair. Without high protein intake your hair actually loses it’s natural color and also weakens.
- Eggs: Eggs, no matter how you prepare them, are great for providing your hair with the essential biotin and B-12 it needs.
- Carrots: Another great source of Vitamin A. This amazing vegetable packs a powerful punch of the vitamin needed for a head of healthy hair and scalp as well. My fav way of getting this into my daily intake is carrot juice or even snacking on them when I crave something sweet.
Healthy hair is one of the amazing perks of eating healthy and caring for your body.
QUICK TIP: Try using a bamboo or boar bristled brush to help with scalp stimulation and healthy hair oils which produce shiny amazing hair.
Be kind to your body and reap the benefits of eating healthy for an even more beautiful you!