This breakfast recipe was super easy to make and delicious! It stemmed from my love of pizza and eggs. lol So lets call this a FIESTA BREAKFAST PIZZA [dances salsa] it’s delicious. Did I mention delicious? If you’re an on the go individual. This is perfect for you. It will take you about 10 minutes, it’s simple, low calorie, high in proteins, good fats, grains and tasty.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 3 cage free eggs or egg beaters
- 1 avocado
- Day Cheese (optional or any skim milk cheese)
- Breakfast meat (I used a pinch of carne asada) low sodium turkey bacon, turkey or chicken sausage etc Chose lean meats – Turkey bacon or Canadian bacon (optional)
- 1 medium sized wheat wrap
- 1 teaspoon of plain Greek yogurt as substitution for sour cream. I don’t normally don’t use Greek yogurt for mayo or sour cream substitutes (yes it’s healthy) I just don’t use anything at all. But it really does taste good.
- 1 wheat pita wrap OR 1 wheat naan
HOW TO PREPARE:
Toast your wrap or naan. If you make this with bacon, pan grill your bacon, set it off to the side, add then the eggs are done. Slice your tomatoes into thing circles, lightly pan grill them over cooking spray in a pan until cooked. Season hem with sea salt and ground pepper. Make 3 cage free eggs (1 whole 2 whites) in a non stick pan-spray w cooking spray, season with Mrs Dash & sea salt, cook your breakfast meat too (or skip the meat all together) put the toasted wheat wrap on plate, put a light layer of Greek yogurt on top of the wrap, add cooked eggs over it, slice a few avocados over it and SERVE! Enjoy 🙂
Baked version: If you bake this you will only be adding the tomatoes and the cheese (a pinch just enough to cover the pizza) Before baking follow the same instructions as above, set those ingredients to the side. Bake the pita or naan covered with cheese in the oven for about 3 minutes just to lightly melt the cheese (do not let it all melt) Then add all the ingredients that you set aside and let it bake for another 2-3 minutes. Add a little more cheese over the top to melt together. If you want your eggs over easy with a runny yolk, make the egg last and add last. When it melts the pizza out of the oven, add the avocados over the top and ENJOY 🙂