This is a super easy to make, delicious and low cal recipe! Sooooooooo delicious. Did I mention delicious? Loads of people like to make this recipe with butter but I personally skip it. If you want this to be a healthy meal, you must skip it. But don’t worry, you won’t lose any flavor with my recipes. You don’t have to be an expert chef to cook this either. Pair it with steamed veggies and a side salad for optimal nutritional value. Enjoy 🙂
- 2 pounds of jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined (any size shrimp is fine-I left the tail on this is my preferance)
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil (OR cooking spray)
- Sea salt (I used garlic spice mix by Trader Joes)
- Ground pepper
- Small handful of parsley
- 4-6 garlic cloves
HOW TO PREPARE
- Wash, peel shrimp. Then set aside on top of paper towels to absorb the water. After about 1 minute put the shrimp in a bowl to season with a pinch of sea salt and ground pepper, mix up the seasoning with the shrimp. Leave in bowl.
- Dice your parsley and garlic separately from each other.
- Add olive oil or cooking spray to a non stick pan. Add diced garlic to the pan. Let cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes over low heat until slightly brown. I prefer to use a wooden spoon to stir.
- Add shrimp over the garlic, let cook for 2 minutes on each side. Add the parsley 1 minute into cooking the shrimp. Cook shrimp until pink. You do not have to cover your shrimp, I do because I like the aroma to seep in.
Cooking time 4-5 minutes.
You may add lemon and red pepper flakes for a zesty taste!
P.S I didn’t get to take a photo of it, photo cred Serious Eats.