MEAL PLAN & WORKOUT CALENDAR
First I want to congratulate you for making your first attempt at a better you! It won’t be easy but if you stay on your path I promise and guarantee you will achieve the results you are looking for. I’m bringing you a realistic and simple approach to fitness. Remember, one small step is better than no step at all. As I develop my fitness blog I will post photos and videos showing you your meals and workout routines. Be patient with me. For now I will offer you as much information as I can. Thank you for walking this journey with me but we are far from done! Fitness is a way of life and a long life journey. Let’s continue to walk it together 🙂
THE BEGINNERS TIPS TO EATING CLEAN & WORK OUT CALENDAR
- You must workout for a minimum of 1 hour a day 5 x’s a week. No excuses! If you cannot afford a gym, go out and walk for 1 hour or ride a bicycle for 1 hour.
- You drink at least 8 full glasses of water a day. For more advanced individuals drink a gallon a day. YES you will be visiting the bathroom like a broken faucet. But it is essential for you to drink your daily water intake.
- Try your best to eat a total of 6 meals every 3 hours. For those on the run, full time jobs, busy mommies/daddys, students etc Try to eat at least 3-4 square meals a day every 4 hours.
- If you have a bad memory write down everything you eat so you don’t over eat and go over your daily calorie intake. Track your progress! You can also download apps on your cell phones to log in all your meals.
- DO NOT WANDER OFF YOUR PATH! Why did you start this journey if you are going to continuously cheat? Keep it real with yourself. STAY ON YOUR PATH!
- What you can eat is simple. Stick to the basics, chicken, fish lean red meats, turkey, canned tuna in water.
- Use simple seasonings such as sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and Mrs Dash’s seasonings. You’ll notice that all my recipes use these as their foundation. Everything added such as veggies, brown rice, and my homemade salsa’s are what will bring your foods to life.
YOUR WEEKLY WORKOUT CALENDAR
- Full body workout: Work lightly on your arms, abs, legs, and back. Don’t go super hard on this day as you DO NOT want to injure yourself. This is the first day you are back at the gym don’t over do it. Cut everything in half.
- Lower body, legs, butt: Depending on what you want to do. Leg day stays the same. If you want bulkier legs do low reps (10 reps 6x’s) with higher weights. If you want slimmer toned legs do high reps (20 reps 6x’s) with lower weights. Remember to lift what feels comfy for you. If you are comfy at 20 pound weights do that, if you are comfy at 100 pounds of weights, go for it. Your squats can be either with no weights or with. Squats, lunges and dead lifts depend on your level. I would begin with no weights.
- Upper body, arms, chest, back: Arms. The same goes for arms as legs, chest, back etc. For bulkier arms do low reps (10 reps 6x’s) with higher weights. If you want slimmer toned arms do high reps (20 reps 6x’s) with lower weights. Remember to lift what feels comfy for you. Do a FULL arm workout. Don’t do tri’s and forget the biceps. Biceps are the front part of your arm, triceps is the back part where that ugly bat wing hangs 🙁 For those that don’t have a gym membership, push ups and bench dips can be done at home. For arms I would recommend all of the exercises here in Fitness Magazine. For your back I personally love doing the seated row machine. For my back where the bra cuts your fat and you get an annoying bulge 🙁 I like doing the lat pull down machine. For chest I recommend these chest exercises. It has worked for me and many of my male friends.
- Have fun: Pick any fun cardio class like Zumba, Spin, Hip Hop, a salsa class. Or ride a bike in your neighborhood, walk, skateboard, do yoga or pilates. But make sure to do it for 1 hour 1/2. Not 30 minutes, not 1 hour but for 1 hour 1/2.
- Have more fun: Do the same as Friday but switch it up and cut down to 1 hour. Do 30 minutes of each. If you like Zumba, do 30 of rumba then go run for 30 minutes. If you like spin class, do that for 30 minutes then swim for another 30 minutes.
- Guess what? YOU MADE IT!! You followed my work out calendar and completed your first week. You are now one week towards achieving your fitness goals. I am proud of you 🙂 Today is your day to RELAX, take the day off and get ready for the new week.